Date night! Excited? Yup! Stressed? Well, maybe just a little.
Dates can be stressful. You’re meeting someone new. Even the most outgoing lady can get a touch of stage fright on first dates. There’s no script. And you could spill your drink. You could splatter spaghetti sauce on your white pants. The conversation could stop dead in it’s tracks.
Oh yes, it’s date night. And the only thing to do is acknowledge it fully, prepare as best as you can, and treat yourself well. Here’s how:
7 Magic Ways to De-Stress Before A Date
1. Eat a fabulous lunch, with dessert.
2. Stop by the make-up counter, and test drive a new mascara. Practice batting your eyelashes in the mirror.
3. Review your social calendar for the next few days. Remind yourself that you are loved, and wildly popular.
4. Resist the urge to call your mom. Instead, in the comfort of your own home, say out-loud what you’d say to your mom. Hear your own voice in the air.
5. Turn on the radio. Dance wildly, all Fly Girls style, to the next song you hear. You should be gasping for air by the time the song is done.
6. Get a manicure. And spring for the 10 minute back massage. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get the kinks out of your shoulders.
7. Smile a lot. You’re gonna have fun!